Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dinosaur Park

I have again lost my camera. I am sure it was abducted by aliens, because I remember taking some cute pictures of the kids last Thursday buying ice cream from the ice cream truck and setting it on the table. I haven't seen it since and its making me crazy!!! The kids are still trying to figure out why the ice cream truck comes down our street and doesn't go down the street their friend lives on. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that every cent of their allowance has been spent buying overpriced ice cream. They are good at bargaining though. Carter only had 75 cents, and the lady let him pick a $1.00 ice cream. I thought that was nice! Okay, back on topic... So, Nate has Wednesdays off, and we have been trying to plan a fun family thing for Wednesdays, and have been doing a lot of fun things. Last week, we went to the Ogden Dinosaur Park. It was a little warm and it's almost completely outside, but it was a lot of fun! We went there a couple of years ago with Dena and Spencer, but haven't been back since, which is crazy, since it is so close and so fun. I guess cost is becoming more and more of an issue, though now that we have to pay for 3 kids. I payed $6.00 last month for the Utah Kids Club Card. It has tons of discounts, even buy one get one free discounts at a bunch of places. I hadn't used it even once, but the Dinosaur park had buy one adult admission, get a child's admission free, so we saved $10.00, every little bit helps, right? So, again, back on track... Here are a few of the pictures from our day, and if any of you happen to run into the alien that abducted my camera, would you mind telling him/her that I really really need my camera back?

After the dinosaur park, we went to Chuck-a-rama. Not my first pick, but everyone gets what they want, gets full, and no waiting (that's the best part!) And yes, Carter can ate this entire piece of chicken, down to the bone!!

My little monkeys in their cage

I don't think they realize that they are about to be attacked by a T-Rex


Carter, Tyson and Brock posing with the stegosaurus
Hopefully I have my camera back soon, so I can keep posting our summer adventures! Here is the website for the dinosaur park if any of you are interested in checking it out:
www.dinosaurpark.org



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! We went there with Seth a couple of years ago, hopefully we can take Melanie there some day too. I hope you find your camera :) We will have to plan our fishing trip before school starts back up, which will be here before we know it! Does Nate work on Fri/Sat?

La La La Leah said...

awwww you went without us! Looks fun, we will probably go there soonish.

Marissa said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! What a cute family you have. No, I don't think its weird to follow blogs of people you grew up with. Some of my favorite memories growing up included both you and Crystal. It's exciting to see each of our families grow.