Monday, January 4, 2010

Goodbye 2009, HELLO 2010!

Yes, I can hear the shocked gasps from all of you... Emily is actually blogging. Believe me, it took a lot to yank myself away from Facebook, but I did do it!
I have been reflecting on all that has happened in 2009, and I can honestly say I am glad its over. There were a lot of good memories, a lot of struggles, a lot of growth, but I am looking forward to the coming year. I am not big on goal setting, but, here are a few loose goals for myself:
1. I am planning on gaining AND loosing weight this year, since in May we will be welcoming baby #5. Although we thought we were done having babies, I guess telling everyone that you are done having babies is not very effective birth control! We are so excited to be having another girl!
2. Plant a garden and have it produce more than peas and zucchini. Last year was our first attempt, and we didn't do so well. Apparently peas and zucchini are no fail plants though! I would also like to actually do something with all the apples from the 2 huge apple trees in our backyard- maybe this year I will learn to can. Or maybe next year...
3. Be more patient. I am not good at being patient, never have been. I hate to wait for people, hate not knowing what will happen next. I also need to be more patient with the kids and my hubby- remember that the messes are temporary, just enjoy the little things in life- laugh more, listen more.
4. Less late nights, less caffeine. This one is pretty self explanatory.
5. Be a better meal planner, and be better budgeter. Again, self explanatory... and finally,
6. Blog more? Well, we'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for a new post! Did you guys end up going to Brock and Christine's baby blessing? We were all sick, we would have loved to see you guys again. Can't wait for more posts! Cute pictures of your kids on the side bar.

Nate and Emily said...

we didnt end up going- we had some things that we needed to be at church for, and the weather was looking a little nasty. I guess we'll have to shoot for general conference!

*Ashleigh* said...

HOLY CRAP! You are blogging!! I love it! I love your goals too! Cute new background... you should check out the backgrounds on Hotbliggityblog.com they have some cute ones too.

LauraD said...

How fun! I knew you were gonna have another girl, congrats! I think I'll have to follow you're lead. With the blogging; I'm very behind. More kids will come later lol.

Dena Moon said...

WOWZA!! I was shocked to see that you blogged again. How exciting! Happy 2010!