Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This is my very first attempt at a Thankful Thursday, but I just have a lot on my mind that I am thankful for this morning.
1. I am thankful for the invention of deodorant and brushes. I now brush my hair and put on deodorant and call that getting ready for the day. Its amazing how things change when you have little ones at your feet!
2. I am thankful for the elementary school behind my back fence. I love being in my kitchen and seeing all the kids running around at recess.
3. I am thankful for teachers that care about my kids future. We had a bad year last year, so this year, having 2 teachers that are honestly concerned and try to help if they are struggling really means a lot to me.
4. I am grateful for deals! I love the after Christmas sales and finding a good deal. I think I will be heading over to Old Navy later to check out their clearance- I heard it was 50% off clearance prices- can't beat that! And also, for any of you that shop at kid to kid, the 28th - 31st they are having their big clearance sale- at least the Bountiful and Layton locations are, don't know about the rest, but they have some amazing deals, and have a lot of things marked down to $1.00!! And the more you spend, the more you save- they give you an extra 25% off when you spend $30 or more, and 10% off everything that's not clearance- I think I might be getting my double stroller during this sale! okay, okay, sorry, back on track....
5. I am thankful for individuality. I am so amazed how 4 kids all from the same genes are so different, and add their own special touch to our family. I love being a mom, and watching them grow.
6. I am grateful to have the chance to stay home and be a mom. I am definitely underpaid and often underappreciated, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
7. I am also thankful for TV. I know, I really shouldn't be thankful for it, but it helps me to be able to take a shower in peace, throw in a load of laundry, or clean the kitchen without worrying about what the kids are doing.
8. I am thankful for church. I don't love having to get the kids dressed up every Sunday and racing to get out the door on time, but I love the lessons learned there. There are the scripture stories and learning about Jesus, and also the life skills- sitting still, working as a group and getting along with others, and listening skills. I also love our ward and all the fabulous teachers, and the lifelong friendships that have started to develop.
9. I am grateful to have a roof over our head! This is the longest we have ever stayed in one place, and I love the stability, and how much this feels like home. It may be a mess most of the time, but I love having somewhere to call home that we know we won't be leaving in a few months.
10. I am also grateful for friends and family! I am totally a homebody, and am a little on the anti-social side, but it is nice to have people that care about me, and to be able to have people there to listen to me when I need them, and also to be a friend to, in return. And thanks to all of you that made it though my rambling blog post- thanks for listening and being a great friend!!

3 comments:

Christa said...

amen to all of that!! especially the deoderant and the tv! And thanks for telling me about the kid to kid sale... I'm so there!!! Thanks for the little pick me up Emily!! Love ya!

*Ashleigh* said...

Awesome! I love your thankful thursday... yeah, deodorant... I think I'm really thankful for that one too, haha!

ClothingJeans said...

Do you want to buy discount brand jeans online ? so, choose our discount brand jeans online from our online shop, we wholesale authentic famous brand jeans of high quality !