Monday, February 22, 2010

Being a Mom

So I realize I am not a very good blogger, but I do like to pop in and check on everyone else's every once in a while. I think I am not good at keeping up on my own blog because I have adult ADD. I can't seem to start one thing and finish it, I get bored watching commercials, I forget what I am saying mid-sentence, and as I am typing this, I have to keep going back to the "facebook" tab. My brain is a jumbled mess, but I am going to blame that on my children, merely because I know I wasn't this forgetful and scatterbrained before children. Maybe I was, I can't really remember my life without them! I am so grateful for all of them. Each one adds a special touch to our family, and and I couldn't imagine life without them. They give me a sense of purpose and meaning, and make my life more enjoyable. Hopefully my brain can function well enough to remember the experience! Its amazing how much you give up for your kids- your body, your time, your job, sleep, sanity, brain, sex life, freedom. But, really, its all worth it. To bring a child into this world, and look at their tiny little face, and hold their tiny little hand, and realize that two people created this amazing little person, and it is up to you to raise this child, teach this child, and love this child unconditionally. What a wonderful gift Heavenly Father has given to us!! What a huge responsibility, but worth every single second! So yes, my brain may be mush, my body misshapen, I wouldn't have it any other way. The joy of being a mom is absolutely amazing!! Here's to all you wonderful moms out there! Way to go!!

4 comments:

*Ashleigh* said...

Yay! Another post :0) you nailed it on the head Em!

Anonymous said...

love this post, totally agree!!

Letherton said...

stumbled onto your blog.
what a cute family you have.

feel free to stop by my blog


Ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

Logan Goodale said...

I too stumble uopn your blog, and though I'm not a mom.....nor will I ever be one.....because I'm not female......OK! I do know how awesome moms are and how grateful I am for my mama! No matter what just remember you guys rock!

and feel free to stop by mine too!

fablesofthefreewriter.blogspot.com