Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yuletide Tag

I found this on Jenny and Josh's blog, how fun!!
When do you start listening to Christmas music?
The day after Halloween, but I am a little bored with it now- a little too much of the annoying ones, not enough of my favorites!
When do you put up your Christmas tree?
The day after Thanksgiving generally. This year I put it up the day before Thanksgiving since Thanksgiving was so late in the month, and it kept my kids busy and entertained for the day!
Favorite Christmas movie?
I think I would have to say "A Christmas Story."
Favorite Christmas song?
"Mary Did You Know"
Favorite Christmas tradition?
One of my favorites is opening a new pair of pjs on Christmas eve. It makes for good Christmas morning pics, I guess!! My mom made them most years. Even though we knew it was coming, it was always fun to see our new jammies. When I was a teenager, I was able to convince my mom to let us open the presents from siblings. I have a hard time convincing my husband of that tradition now, though, when I try to convince him to let our kids open their presents from each other.
Favorite Christmas book?
I really love "Bear Stays up for Christmas"
Fun Christmas memory?
The one that is relived over and over, is the year that I found the Popples. I must have been about 8 or so, because that is the year that Crystal Searle, my best friend, told me the Santa secret. My mom said they were hidden, but I remember innocently happening upon them in my moms room. I went to Austin and Ashleigh and told them we were getting Popples for Christmas. Austin (he would have been 3) ran to my mom and said, "Mom! We're getting Popples for Christmas!!" My mom was SO mad- we went to bed at 7:00 that night, and the Popples were under the tree Christmas Eve with a tag that said from Mom and Dad. I talked my mom into letting us open them, pretending I had forgot about the Popples. (Okay, I guess my manipulation started before I was a teenager...). Okay, maybe not a fun memory, but funny and a family favorite!
If you were one of Santa's reindeer, which one would you be?
I know he's not technically one of his reindeer, but I would have to say Rudolph because I know the most of him, He has his own song and movie!!
I tag anyone who wants to do this.....

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thanks for participating in the Christmas tag :) It was fun to hear all about your memories and traditions that you have :) Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!