Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blessing Day

What an amazing day today was! Nate blessed Marleigh today. He gave her such a wonderful, beautiful blessing, and we all were blessed with having so many of our friends and family there with us. She was so happy and content during her blessing, and I could feel the spirit so strong- thanks mom, dad, Lindsay, Ashleigh and Kristen for letting my boys sit with you- it really helped! The last couple of babies we have blessed, I have missed big chunks of because I was trying to keep kids quiet and reverent. When Nate sat back down with her, she was so smiley and happy. We soon realized part of the reason- I'm sure part of it was the spirit that was there, but also she knew she was about to have a blowout all over Daddy's new white shirt and her blessing dress (the same dress I was blessed in, by the way)! I took her home to change her clothes, and change her diaper- twice, then headed back to church in time for the closing song and prayer. Afterwards, we had about 40 people at our house for dinner. It was so great to be able to spend time with everyone in our home, and thanks to all of you who were able to come. This is the first time we have had everyone at our house- all the other times we have blessed babies, we went to my moms for dinner. I was so stressed that there wouldn't be enough food, or we would run out of plates, but we pulled it off with food, forks, and plates to spare! Now the house is still fairly clean, and quiet, and the kids are back to school in the morning- I may just take the morning off and relax (in between loads of laundry, anyway!) Now we get a break until March when Brock is baptized! What great events and milestones to celebrate, though- makes all the work worth it! Thanks again to everyone for your help and support and sharing this special day with us! It really meant a lot to us!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry again that we couldn't make it! Marleigh looks so cute :) Wow I can't believe that Brock is getting baptized so soon! It's so crazy how time flies! We missed seeing you guys, but hopefully it won't be too long til the next time!

christa said...

that is really neat! I know how the whole diaper blowout in the blessing clothes goes!! It always happens at the worst time :)

Christine and Brock said...

You totally need to tell Jen and Josh to add us to their list of people. Thanks for inviting us to come, it was nice to see you and your new little baby. I wish I had a girl baby. We want to start trying for one, and either way it will be ok, I'll love it either way. We'll keep in touch, and Brock and Nate were talking about having a reunion at our house in April. Talk about it and let us know.

Lindsay said...

Marleigh is soooo freken adorable!!!!!!!!!!! she has been so fun!
love ya!

*Ashleigh* said...

What a perfect picture of Marleigh!! I forgot that was your dress she looked absolutely adorable in it! I was admiring it the whole time :) Thanks for having us all over, I know it's stressfull. Kahner is in love with your basement! He was in heaven... you guys did a great job with everything.

J said...

Thanks for having us over! Marleigh is such a beautiful baby! I'm so glad Ellie has a friend! Can't wait for our movie night... maybe we'll end before the sun comes up! Hahaha

Dena Moon said...

So you decided poop pictures were too much for the audience? lol
I wish we could have been there! I'm glad it went well!