Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!






So, 2008 has come and gone, and, as usual, I am amazed at all that can happen in a year! New jobs, new family members, new likes and dislikes, new memories, new phrases (e.g. frumpen fairy, candy cames, and teeter totter), new friends! We spent New Years Eve with our friends Jeremy and Jenny, and baby Ellie. The babies surprisingly, slept through everything (even though their moms had dressed them in cute outfits so that they could get some cute pics of the babies together...)! We stayed up way too late, ate way too much sugar (and cheese) and drank too much soda, but it was great! Carter and Brock had been looking forward to the "party" all day, but Carter was asleep on the couch by 9:00. We woke him up to do sparklers at midnight, but when it was time to go back to bed, Carter said, " Is the party over already? Oh, man!" Quite disappointing for him! We spent New Years day sledding with the Turner side of the family, well, actually my moms extended family, the Froelichs. SO much fun! I only went down the hill once and thought I was going to die, but the kids all had a great time going down over and over! I made everyone laugh when I accidentally knocked Carter down when I decided halfway up the hill that I would slide back down and find another way up to the top- on the way back to the bottom, I knocked Carter down... he was pretty shaken up, but not hurt. With as fast as the kids were going down the hill, I was surprised no one ended up with broken bones! It was pretty crowded, and hard to keep track of all of the kids! It was a ton of fun, though, and glad we were able to try out the new sled. This is only the 2nd time my kids have been sledding, and the first time was last year, without Nate and I. What a great way to celebrate and enjoy the last few days of Christmas break and ring in 2009!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

sounds like fun! Love the New Years pictures!!

*Ashleigh* said...

HAHA!! I missed the carter story!!! We had so much fun! Glad you guys could come:0) Im also glad nobody lost their teeter toters... LOL!

Lindsay said...

now you have a brand new year to look forward to!