Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break









I always love having a break from the schedule and having the kids home, at least for the first few days, anyway. I had big plans for getting the house organized this week- I thought maybe it would be easier without having to drop everything to go pick up Carter at 11:30, then Brock at 3:30. Unfortunately, I didnt get my house organized, but we did have a fun week. Monday the kids spent outside playing with the neighbor kids while I caught up on laundry. Tuesday was definitely the funnest day. When Nate got home from work, we went to the Hill Aerospace Museum in Roy. We have been there a few times, and love it every time. The best thing about it: its absolutely FREE!! Love it!! Anyway, anyone with kids, you need to go- it is amazing! Its right off the Roy exit- you can see all the airplanes outside from the freeway, and its super easy to get to. There are tons of airplanes inside and out. My kids love military/war stuff, so they think its great. Nate likes to read all the signs and learn the history side of things, so the kids and I usually end up a ways in front of him, but it all works out. My dad was always like that on vacation growing up, so it doesnt bother me. The kids just dont quite have the attention span to sit and wait, or to read the plaques at this point- someday though!! The best part was this room we found that wasnt there the last time we went- there are flight simulators, toys, computer games, and cute kid sized flight suits for them to try wear as they are "flying" the planes- so cute! We spent a couple of hours there, then went to West Valley to see Nates brothers new truck. He is a truck driver for CR England, and they have a truck leasing program, and he just got a brand new truck. He had a manatory 32 hour break, so we went out and saw him, and we got a little tour of the CR England facility- pretty cool- they have big laouge with big screens, workout rooms, arcades (why do truck stops always have arcades? I don't get it!!) and they have dorms for them to sleep in, a bank, a little store- I was pretty amazed!! Corey let us climb into his truck and showed the kids his bed, and tv, and let them all honk the big horn- Tyson just tryed the little one on the steering wheel, but they were all pretty impressed. I was pretty impressed, too! Its amazing how much space is really in the cabs of those trucks!! It was a lot of fun to see Corey, and he seems so happy! I guess he is just made to explore! We did have to cut it a little short with Corey to get Brock to scouts- its not really an option for him to miss scouts- he totally loves it! The rest of the week was spent at home for the most part. We wanted to get out to Antelope Island, but it was a little too cold. We did make it to our new favorite pizza place in Syracuse for the lunch buffett Wednesday. All you can eat gourmet pizza- can't go wrong with that (and the 2 youngest are free- so $18.00 total for unlimited pizza, salad, breadsticks, drinks and pasta- love it!!) Friday night, we had a cousin sleepover with Kristiana and Kaleb. We love having them over, and everyone plays so well together. They all walked to the school on Saturday to play on the playground, which happens to be across my back fence, so they played for a few hours there, and had a ton of fun. Saturday night was Brocks baptism, but I will save that for another post. It was absolutely amazing, though, and he seems like a different kid! He told Carter tonight that he didnt need to be scared, because "I have the Holy Ghost now." How sweet is that?? I'm so proud of my kids, and I so loved having this week with them, but I look forward to getting back to the routine tommorrow!

2 comments:

*Ashleigh* said...

Looks like fun :) I'll get those baptism pics to ya asap!

Jenny said...

sounds like a fun spring break! The baptisim was great!