Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fall Carnival


Today was the fall carnival at the kids school. I thought for sure they weren't done setting up, because after we had paid $25 for unlimited ride wristbands and we got to where everything was set up, they had a couple of bounce houses and 2 of the big inflatable slides. I was thinking we had just wasted $25. Turns out, the kids don't really mind going down the same slides and jumping in the same bounce houses for 3 hours straight!! Tyson had a hard time climbing to the top, so he went down with a neighbor kid a couple of times, went with Carter a couple of times, and Brock took him once. There was a big pirate slide that he had been down once with Brock, and I volunteered to take him a second time. I thought I was never going to make it to the top! It started out with an obstacle course that I couldn't walk through without falling down every couple of steps! Once we finally made it through that, there was a 6 inch gap to squeeze through to climb up to the top of the slide. Yeah right!! We did finally make it to the top, and this pic is of my legs with my pants halfway up my thighs and Tyson on my lap. Nate took it with his camera phone, so its a little limited, but it makes me laugh now!! After that experience, I decided it was time for me and Tyson to go back home. He threw a fit, but once we got home and I turned on Diego for him, he was fine. The things we do to make the kids happy!! Nate stayed behind with the 2 older boys for a couple more hours, and they had a ton of fun. Next year should be great for Tyson, too, being a little bigger. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, I think that is one of the biggest blow up slides I have ever seen! Looks like it would be so fun to go down....I wonder how long it took to blow up? That is fun for the boys to have a fall carnival. When I was in Elementary school we used to have a "spring fling" (a carnival)when I lived in Providence, Ut. I also remember a big Halloween party....those were the days. I'm not sure what kinds of activities Preston have in their Elementary school, guess I'll find out next year though!! :)