Sunday, March 8, 2009

Things I Learned on Vacation...

Grandma and Grandpa Davis with 5 of the 10 grandkids
A common sight in the backseat...

Newport Beach... Love that place- it is so beautiful- I want to live there someday!!

Here we are is our matching (and way overpriced) ponchos, oh, guess I'm not wearing mine for this pic, if you look really close you can see Marleigh in the baby pack.
Here we are with a long lost relative
Tyson, Marleigh and Nate posing with Mater and Lightning McQueen
Here are the boys in their matching Goofy shirts acting goofy

Carter is training to be a Jedi at the Jedi Training Academy

Brock was also picked to train to be a Jedi- He took it very seriously

Me and the kids with Pluto at California Adventure

Me and the boys in Holden, Utah at the remains of the cabin Nate's Great-Grandmother grew up in- The boys were facinated by it

20 things I Learned on Vacation...
1. The only thing better than Disneyland is watching your kids experience Disneyland for the first time.
2. Boys are not afraid of anything and will try anything- least once
3. Ten hours at Disneyland will make a 5 month old baby sleep through the night (The first time she's done that!)
4. Kids are very impressed with a maid that spreads their blanket from home out nicely on their bed.
5. Vacations and potty training mix quite well (Tyson wanted to go potty every time the big boys did, and peed almost every time we sat him on the toilet!!)
6. Rain plus Disneyland equals short lines
7. Tyson really likes saying "Aunt Colleen"- rolls off the tougue, I guess!
8. Watching your son be trained to be a "real Jedi" is priceless.
9. Theme park employees are true sticklers on height requirements (Carter waslike an eighth of an inch too short to go on california screamin' at california adventure- he was sooo sad!!)
10. Going down the big hill on Splash Mountain WILL make Carter pee his pants.
11. It is possible to take a potty break without actually stopping if you have sons and an empty Gatorade bottle.
12. Nothing makes a grandma happier than having a house full of grandkids.
13. Nothing makes Nate happier than a scoop of "Thrifty Drugstore" ice cream from Rite Aid
14. No matter how fun the vacation, it always feels so nice to come home.
15. It is possible for the house to stay clean for a week as long as no one is in it!
16. A visit to the Lego store or Starwars store are just as exciting as any ride.
17. To take a trip with young kids requires 10 times your families combined body weight in luggage, snacks, pillows and blankets.
18. Seeing yourself in a mirror 15 times a day makes you realize your body is more lumpy than you thought.
19. A roller coaster will not make me sick, but the kiddie rocket ride that spins around, will.
20. This week spent as a family has created lifelong memories- hopefully all good ones!

4 comments:

*Ashleigh* said...

Fun!! I tried to call you today to get the scoop (sorry I guess our call got dropped and my phones have been mental lately) I'll try again so I can get all the details.. I love you list btw, thrifty drugstore ice cream is my fav. too!!!!!! LOL :D

Jenny said...

Wow, sounds like a great trip! Josh and I wanted to go to sacramento to visit his mission this summer, but now we're not sure (work has been slow for him this winter). I'm sure the boys will all remember the fun they had at Disneyland :) Seth will like looking at the pictures of your boys training to be Jedi Warriors!

Christine and Brock said...

WOW! Sounds like you had a blast! I laughed out loud when I read the one that says it will make you kids pee his pants. That struck me as very funny. And talking from experience, when your boys get older, you're going to want to stop, so Marleigh won't get grossed out. My brothers and Dad thought it was pretty funny to pee in a gatorade bottle or pop bottle when I was in the car too. YUCK! Anyway, I'm glad you had fun, and I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys again next month.

Dena Moon said...

I'm going to be bringing my own gatorade bottles to drink out of from now on. No more refilling your old ones!!!!
LOL.