Saturday, November 15, 2008

Is it Christmas Yet?

I can't believe how quick Christmas sneaks up every year, and how, even though it happens at the same time, every single year, it is always such an exciting time for both me and my family. My kids both asked at separate times today if we could put up the tree, and I reluctantly told them no. I am so ready to get out all the Christmas stuff and get the house all festive. There is nothing more peaceful than a quiet house at the end of the day with the lights of the Christmas tree glowing. My goal this year (and every other year) is to help my kids appreciate the true meaning of Christmas. Every year, I have great intentions, and as Christmas gets closer and closer, I realize I was not successful, again. My sister and I have decided that instead of exchanging gifts this year, we are going to help someone else. Maybe an angel or two off the angel tree, something along those lines. Nothing too big, but something that will help our kids appreciate Christmas for what it is, and that its not all about the gifts. If anyone has any ideas or traditions they would like to share, I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

Dena Moon said...

We always shop for the angel tree. Its a lot of fun! We usually also do small blankets or pillows or scarfs for either the shelter or a nursing home. This year it is scarfs for nursing home residents and Christmas pillowcases for the social workers to distribute to foster kids.