Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Its too bad Thanksgiving is only remembered and celebrated for a day or 2. On Sunday, a lady in our ward gave a talk on gratitude, and she said she loved thanksgiving because it was a holiday that is personal, and can't be commercialized. It did make me sad to see all of the ads for Thanksgiving day. Let people enjoy their family! However, I am slightly hypocritical here. My mom, sister and I went to Michael's thanksgiving night to get Cricut cartridges, but they WERE closed all day and opened for their sale from 6-9 last night. At least that way people enjoyed their families before having to work. And they only had 5 or 6 employees there that I saw. Not horribly busy or crazy. Anyway, back on track... I am so glad for the chance I get every year to spend holidays with my family. Our 2 years in Mississippi were a little hard, but we still had our own little family to spend the day with. I felt so sad last night at my moms when my brother Austin called. He just moved to Indianapolis in October, and spent the day off work alone. He was really missing everyone. I just wanted to reach through and give him a hug!! We spent the day crammed into my moms house with nearly 40 of or family members. It was so much fun and so great to see and hang out with everyone! There was so much food, and lots of catching up. I love this time of year, because or big group gets together quite a few times. Now the tree is up, and Christmas is in the air at our house! I braved the crowds the day after thanksgiving, and am now almost done shopping. Yay!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

sounds like you guys had a great thanksgiving :) Our tree is up as well :)

*Ashleigh* said...

I wanna see your tree... post some pics if your camera isn't on the fritz:0)Oh, and I am thankful that you're my sister:)